Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Life Gone By...

Mmmm today's a good day. Why? Uni's finished for another semester and so with that, another half year of my life that has gone by...

It's been a kinda nostalgic semester... As I was sitting on the bus the other day, we stopped on a red light next to a huge, green oval. Yet as I gazed out the window, I saw trees with big maple like leaves slowly withering and turning yellow... So as the bus moved on, I began to think;

"Shan, you've come a long way since China, a very long way indeed. From a simple, conservative and crazy child with plenty of friends and fun times, you've pretty much grown up into a lonely, bored though still as crazy young adult, with less friends and even less fun times. But Australia has been very good to you, people who knew you then would definitely be amazed at how much you have changed. People who know you now would have never understood nor picture what you were like before."

Haha, life is interesting for sure, playing these tricks on a person, what would I have become without that twist of fate? What would I have been doing today? I'll never forget who I am or where I came from, it is simply impossible.

So what is it I'm trying to say? Personally, I don't really know. This post was originally going to be something philosophical about this "learning organisation" crap I learn today, somehow it turned into the reminiscent post about my past and present. I guess you can take away something valuable and that is to treasure your life wherever you are living and make the best of what you have. To succeed in life is not important as it is to enjoy it and live happily. I understand success is not mutually exclusive with happy living but you still can live happily without being a success. Just don't lose sight of what you desire.

It's being a long time indeed... People treasure your lives in Australia, most of you wouldn't know what it is really like otherwise despite the media. When you know what its like in other places, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Treasure your lives, treasure your memories, treasure your loved ones and most importantly, be happy. Life's too short to worry sometimes...

Meanwhile, enjoy this little video. Hope it'll allow you to remember to smile truthfully once in a little...


No comments: