Thursday, May 17, 2007

A New Day

Ah feeling fresh and awake today for it's a new day, after 16 hours of sleep, after 32 hours of non-sleep. It's pretty chilly atm brr.

I have a few random things on my afresh mind. The first is the crazy $33.5 million payment to the CEO of Macquarie Bank. I mean what the fuck (pardon the language)... Seriously, while I understand the importance of rewarding a top executive with good pay in order to keep up with the international standards but $33 mil? That's crazy, it's like winning a lotto 33 weeks of the year. It's damned more money an average can earn in his/her life. Let's say an average person earns $60,00 per year. If the guy starts earning that much at the age of 23 until he retires at 73, he'll only make $3 million, a mere tenth of that. Lets incorporate pay rises and exclude expenses and set the new wage at $150,000 - then a person will earn $7.5 mil, only 23% of that amount. So in other words, it's mind boggling. But hey, I support this, it means if you are capable, you still can earn big bucks in a company. But I think this is opens another thought and that is you can earn big money from your own businesses. Be successful and you still can earn a good fair, more comfortable that $150k a year though maybe not as much as $33mil in one year haha. But who knows! Remember the 30th US President Calvin Coolidge's famous words:
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
The second thing I was going to say I forgot. Maybe another day haha!

The third is these two songs called "Dear Mama" by Tupac and "Tell Me" by Diddy. Haha, two interesting sides isn't it? Go listen to them both, really good. But what I wanted to comment on is "Tell Me". The meaning behind the song is simply fantastic, it really shocked me since I can relate to it in a way. I just couldn't believe it. Feel like I am so much more to say but can't say it, just that I hope what I feel is true. But would be refreshing to really know. Meanwhile enjoy the clip of it here:


Tell Me lyrics

Now, it's time to go back to work. Work sucks.

P.S. Go check out this film Shen Gui Ba Zhen Tu (It's good)

No comments: