Sunday, June 3, 2007

Good Music = Good Life

Greetings. For many, it's that time of the year again, yes, the final exams for Semester 1 of University. Especially if you are in Australia. Now this post is not going to be about how to revise for your exams even though I have established my own, unique methods and will likely to share it with everyone in the near future.

This post gonna be about good music. In today's life, I feel good music is essential. In the past, I've never really got into it but somehow it just hit me what a fool I have been and what I have been missing out. Of course, if you don't like music, then it's your own choice and any decision to change will also be your own. But for those who wants to see what songs and genres I recommend, read on.

The first is Cpop. Yep, good ol' modern Chinese music (中文歌曲). Now most of the people reading this blog would probably not understand the lyrics but I know there are people out there who like to listen to music even though they have absolutely no idea what the singer's going on about. If you are one of this types, then go to this website: Baidu. This site pretty much works like a search engine for popular Chinese songs and you can find almost anything on it. Of course, you don't understand Chinese and want more help, leave a comment. Beware, most involves romance/love and similar themes; I got bored of the speed/styles and you prob. will too.

The second is Kpop. Now I am not Korean so I have no idea what the singer's on about in this case but hey, they sound good lol. If you want a good place to download some of these songs (in English too!) then, here's a good place: Bww2. Sign up and download away!

The third is Jpop, for more information, see above.

The fourth is one of my favorites and that is hip hop. Favorite artist is the infamous Tupac (2pac, 2 pac - which one you prefer). Forget the history and the west coast/east coast stuff, enjoy the damn music. His songs at their best outclasses everything in the modern rap/g.rap/hip hop scene. You have your views and I have mine; this is mine.



I'll list ten of my favorites (Not necessarily in that order):
  1. Dear Mama
  2. Changes
  3. I Ain't Mad At Cha
  4. California Love (feat. Dr. Dre)
  5. Fuck The World
  6. Hail Mary
  7. Unconditional Love
  8. God Bless the Dead
  9. To Live And Die In L.A.
  10. Thugz Mansion
Top singer. Good place to download his songs is Limewire. Please note: I do not support music piracy, download the songs at your own peril and for review purposes only. If you can, please support the artists - they need to eat too. Share where possible.

A few other genres like rock (emo w/e), heavy metal etc I just don't like. It's impossible to understand what they're saying, the only thing you hear half the times is drums and banging. Of course, good bands and I don't deny that.

So these are some of my favorites, but I also recommend some individual songs such as Don't Worry Be Happy (Bobby McFerrin - Amazing Voice), I'm All Outta Love (Air Supply), You're Still The One (Shania Twain). There is simply too much to point out, these are just some of the ones I found that I enjoyed.

So, I have shared mine music. But I am more interested in what you like? I'm always looking to broaden my music horizons so please feel totally free to leave a comment about your recommendations.

9 comments:

t3mpt2ess moon said...

i make good music heh heh. Have you heard do for love - tupac? its a good song. go download now Kthxbai

Michelle said...

Hi Shan

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Ok, here's some of my favourite music suggestions for you:

Katie Melua - especially "Closest Thing to Crazy"
http://www.katiemelua.com/

Natasha Bedingfield,
LightHouse Family,
Seal -
especially his "Kiss from a Rose" I LOVE that one! :-)

I'm from South Africa so I've got to add Ladysmith Black Mombasa, Hugh Masekela, Juluka. A bit old some of those, but still great music.

And for my new home in Scotland.. Caipercaillie (they sing in Gaelic)

:-)

Shan said...

ms moon: never heard of that, will download.

michelle: it was a pleasure visiting your blog. very inspirational, i have added you to my top blogs and look forward to viewing more of your poems.
shan.

Paper Fan Club said...

All Out of Love by Air Supply... classic! Great site and you have a wide range in taste. Looking forward to reading more!

Michelle said...

The poem is one I like, but I didn't write it. It is Native American - Navajo.

But everything else on my blog I did write. :-)

I also share a blog with a friend, prema. We write about our childhood memories of very different countries. Her memories of India and mine of Africa.

If you ever get bored and want to read stories of growing up in very different parts of the world, here's the link
http://premalathakombai.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

Crikey, i forgot!

I was supposed to have added "Thank you for reading my blog and adding my link to your blog."

:-)

Shan said...

haha love your use of crikey! Appreciate you adding me to your site as well!

Shan said...

Paper Fan Club: Thanks! I first heard that song during a TV series and I was just mesmerized by the beauty of it. It's quite amazing. Glad you like it!

The Real Mother Hen said...

study study study study study study study study study study

:)