Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recap of the Month

Hey everyone!

It's almost the end of August and as I sit here, I am wondering what I should write. Then I suddenly realised it has been just 6 months since the start of my blog on April 29th, 2007!

You know, it has been an absolutely fantastic 6 months and during this period, most of you have been with me through my ups and downs. During this period, I have found my blog as a wonderful outlet for excessive energy and creative emotions. More so, I have gained many wonderful friends in the world of blogging.

It's been fun so far everyone and I intend to make it better! But all will come in good time haha!

So, let me recap some of my favorite articles in the past six months before August goes into the Archives of History! Lets start with the month of April!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April:

A New Beginning --> My very first post!

For you said, "love in love" kids out there --> A quite amusing derogatory article. One of my favorites until in time I realised that it takes one to know one hahaha!

May:

Love Is War --> An cursory examination of the concept Love. A little summary I did early in the morning...

Cool or Loser --> Again, my creative juices flowing overtime. I decided to hypothesize and come up with a real definition for the words "cool" and "loser". Everyone must have thought of this sometime in their life right?

Love, Fidelity and the Whole Crazy Thing --> Must I explain? Read it, you'll enjoy it!

Self Discipline --> Something I totally lack of. Maybe the articles I found will help you!

Miss Universe - A Critique --> Hot Asian Babes Critic in Play! My review of the 2006 Miss Universe selection. Be warned ladies, languages may offend!

June (One of the most emotional turbulent eras of my life so far...)

Factors Needed For A Successful Relationship - Part 1 --> Well, I don't need to explain any further. This was something I did out of sheer boredom. Personally, I felt it was one of the best analysis I ever did without any major research hahaha! Of course, the readers thought otherwise... Have a read, you'll laugh for sure!

How Much Heart Should You Put In --> Mammoth article examining how much one should put into a relationship. Something I did when I should have been studying. I think I was a bit tired that day when I wrote it hahaha!

Reality - Harsh Or In Fact Enlightening? --> A turning point in my confused times. I realise once when you look at the reality, many things are easily resolved. It is indeed an enlightment. An epiphany if you like.

Middle Eastern Wars - A Thought and A Prayer --> My thoughts on the invasion of Gaza by the terrorist group Hamas.

July

Trust --> A betrayal that stung me quite painfully. Something I will never forget. That day is a day that will come to influence my thoughts for a long time. A disillusionment with the human race (females in particular)...

8 Things About Me --> Want to learn more about this shallow, insecure, sex obsessed weirdo? Read on!

A Short Poem --> If you can understand the meaning of the poem, then I don't need to explain. It's all there in 4 simple sentences...

August

Disillusionment --> One of the recent topics that touched on my nerves a bit. Something we all have no doubtly experienced at sometime of our life.

Nostalgic Moment --> A perhaps test for my inner resolve and a test of my existing feelings. I am glad the turbulent times have passed. I don't think I ever want to experience another one like it.

Not Myself --> Most recent article explaining my most recent frustration :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, that was a massive recap!! I think I will try to do monthly recaps from now on rather than every 6 months hahaha!

But you know, going through the archives brought back a lot of interesting memories. My blog has became something like a diary hasn't it? I think it's a good thing provided I learn from it. After all, knowledge is what makes us who we are!

Hope you all will have found something interesting you haven't seen before!

Best wishes!

Shan.

8 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

NICE recap, Shan!!! And I AGREE wholeheartedly with your sentiment. I also find this blogosphere to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO therapeutic for me and it IS like a diary he he he...

Shan said...

Of course, especially you Amel :)

You are the longest with me I think :D

Amel's Realm said...

He he he...it's probably 'coz I started my blog about a month after you did and I found yours pretty quickly (don't remember how, though).

Zhu said...

It's fun to look back and live again all these important time in your life !

Deadpoolite said...

Let's face it this blog cant get any worse:)

Seriously though (and I am using every ounce of willpower to maintain this mood, trust me, lol) you got a distinct blogging style, plus it just makes my day to tease ya(who am I to deny such a freebie pleasure,lol)

Keep up the good posting !

Later.

Paper Fan Club said...

Hey Shan, happy half-year anniversary! Is it weird to look back and see how far you've come in expressing your ideas since your first post?? Keep it up; I always look forward to reading what you have to say!

Max said...

I liked it! 6 months already? Congrats!!!!

You have been tagged! Check it out:

http://maxcouti.blogspot.com/2007/09/10-priceless-portuguese-experiences.html

Cheers!

Shan said...

Amel: Definitely a healthy exercise :d

Zhu: For sure!

DP: Ahh thanks so much for the compliment, it made my day!

PFC: Yes, it certainly brought back alot of memories whether good or bad...

Max: Thanks for the tag! I'll get onto it... eventually lol!