Saturday, September 22, 2007

Almost Quiet

I hope you are all doing well, greetings to everyone on my blogroll (Amel, Choc Mint Girl, Zhu, Crow's Feet, DP, Evil, Max, Monday Morning Power, PFC, Jeff)..

I just finished visiting everyones blogs and it seems it's like that for everyone. People seems to have began blogging less so I guess it's that time of the year for everyone isn't it? Haha, don't work too hard ladies and gents, enjoy life a bit.

These days, it seems I am losing my thinking abilities. I don't seem to be able to theorise about the many things in life anymore and I feel a bit disappointed as to why. I want to do that but everything seems to revolve about how to better manage my time and use it to better to get my life moving faster than it is - for example, getting a better job, studying harder, earning more money to have a trip around Asia, and even how to take out a mortgage. And I am only 19...

I feel old.

So I began to think why? Then I realised it's really the environment and the people you surround yourself with. They play a major part on how you think and what you want to do.

It's good, very good so don't get me wrong, a bit tiring and time consuming but it's making me more mature, think more about the practical issues in life which in many ways are more useful than me theorising because to theorise, I must have time haha!

So I am going to enjoy the ride. But of course, with my mind, random things are still gonna pop out so watch out for that odd post about my philosophy of the world huh, haha!

And it's almost spring here, I am looking forward to starting afresh in a new season and I hope everyone will too when spring arrives for you!

For now, I will leave you all with some photos of myself at a banquet. This was the 1st Anniversary of a Chinese Newspaper in Perth called Asia Times. Until next time, work hard and play hard everyone ^_^

Me on the right.

Me on the left.

Me with the glass that has the most amount of wine.

Wanna guess which one is me? Tip: Look for the ugliest one.


Open up the picture fully, she's the prettiest, very pretty actually. Ok, she HOT.


The shot was a mistake actually but I managed to capture it just as she turned and the photo came out ok haha.

Looks good to me :D

12 comments:

Zhu said...

You really like to be in the middle of pretty Asian ladies, don't ya ! :D

I noticed that people are blogging less as well... everybody is busy I guess !

You seem to do fine ;)

Choc Mint Girl @ Crystal said...

Thanks, Shan!! Hope you're doing well yourself. Everyone seems to be catching up on things, but Amel is very consistent, don’t you think?!

Anyhow, it is very true about the people surround us. In some ways, they do influence us. You are still very young and it’s good that you have been thinking about all those important issues in your life. But, hey, don’t think TOO much!! Save it when you’re a bit older he he...

Btw, nice pics you got there!! In case you haven’t notice in my previous comment, you are a "liang cai" so you’re not the ugliest one in the pic...=P

Max said...

Hey Shan!

Nice pics: as usual!

19 and already thinking about a mortgage? When I was 19 my idea of living was to go to school, work part-time for my parents, go out to dance; and smack kids if they messed around lol (yes, but that was then...now, I am much more cooler lol)!

Take it easy, Shan...just take it easy: enjoy the ladies, the parties, school, friends and all the stuff that humans do at 19! Let the grown up stuff for later...trust me: I know what I'm saying!

By the way: I sure loved to be greeted the way you did! Thank you *bowing*!

You were right, the Asian girls, in the pics, are beautiful, they look like dolls!

Cheers!

Amel's Realm said...

HEY, you look SO mature with a suit. (read: like a successful businessman!!!) HE HE HE HE...

Well, there's nothing wrong with planning for the future he he he...just as long as you're not too stressed over it, though. ;-D

Deadpoolite said...

Hmmm... you are losing your thinking abilities you say...

Funny I didnt know you had any:)

Still, I can totally understand that when pretty ladies are in sight as in your pics, a man has got to think what a man has got to think (DP Winking laughing cheekily).

Have no fear, I am never too busy to verbally abuse you and make you go all rhetorical and philosophical on life's mystery.

It is a path that you have conciously chosen to be demoralized by me in every possible instance, every available moment:)

Yep, I like you too dont go sentimental on me man, the ladies are watching... regain your composure my young PaintBall commando!

Good to know things progress smoothly and full of brea....I meant interest in your life:)

Later dude!

Paper Fan Club said...

Hey Shan, those pics are very cool. You should line up a gig as a runway photographer! :)

Amel's Realm said...

Hey, Shan, you've been tagged. It's an easy and fun one, so go check this out:

Desktop Meme

Michelle said...

Hi Shan

You look very "James Bond" in a suit. ;-)

Things are quiet around the blogs lately. I know I've been so busy. It's frustrating - not enough hours in days anymore!

I'm here to also let you know I've tagged you for a name list - free blog advertising. ;-)

http://crows-feet.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-voice-your-voice.html

Michelle said...

Oh.. PS! Some really pretty girls and amazing costumes.

:-)

Amel's Realm said...

SHAAAAAAAAAAANNNN...where've you been, Buddy? Busy chasing your career and gorgeous girls? *wink* I've missed you and your possttsssssssss!!!!!!!

COME BACK, will you? Hope everything's well with you and you're not sick or anything...maybe just busy with work, girls, and exams?????

Deadpoolite said...

You know for a guy that has written a post entitled "Almost Quiet" you aren't exactly beaming with life and verbal energy yourself either, LOL!!!

DP out!

Shan said...

lol!

thanks for the reassurances everyone, I'm still alive, just busy and forgetful haha..