Tuesday, September 4, 2007

An Interesting Enlightenment

Well, something interesting happened today that made me discover or rather reinforce what I have long felt. It's hard to put what I found into exact words so listen to my story and try to understand...

Today, I met a friend on the bus that I haven't seen for a long time. She used to study a same unit with me and I helped her out with some of her problems, and from there developed an interesting friendship.

From the initial point when I spoke to her, I just changed. I am sure we all do to an extent depending on the person we are with but I just changed. I am not exaggerating. I became... well I went into overdrive with my thinking process. I just went hyperactive throwing jokes and conversing like there was no tomorrow. Hard to say what I turned into but something of extreme happiness and friendliness. Time absolutely flied as we found conversation points on absolutely nothing, it was absolutely amazing...

Eventually it ended as we transferred stations. As I walked, I reflected as to what just happened and I realised something.
For guys, certain girls can really bring out the best in you provided the guy has a decent nature to use initially. I mean their (girl) behaviour can really reinforce and take you to a whole new level. The compatibility of people's personalities is quite amazing and I never realised just how amazing until today and I am sure my eyes will be enlightened even more in the near future.
I feel like I have so much more to say but pretty much the gist of what I have discovered is outlined above. That is, guys can change dramatically (well at least I know I can) when with certain girls. Of course, this definitely applies to girls as well... Well I hope so...


I realised that the person I have described above is really who I enjoy being particularly when I am with a lady. I want to be able to make her laugh, to make her carefree and to make her happy. Being a quiet and thoughtful person is something that's useful in business situations but not in others... Hence, I discovered something today from this one girl that I havn't seen for a such long time that reinforced what I have so long felt. Talk about transformative experiences...

I have discovered something about the girl I like being with, the person I like being, the nature of compatibility and finally to cap it off, a quote that I find truly describes how I feel in many ways:
Behind every strong man is a strong woman

A bit cliche but how true... how absolutely true.

You know, I wasn't going to make this post because it sounds so corny yet as I watched a re-run of the movie "Something about Mary" and just something about Cameron Diaz's character set me off and I knew I had to make this summary of what I discovered today. A strong girl makes me a stronger guy while a weaker girl makes me more insecure and less stronger and as I type this, it just sounds so damned true.

Something for the future to remember...

Anyway, am really tired so if my post seems a bit incoherent in some ways, I apologise but if all else fails, just read my quote and you'll get the gist of my post.

Meanwhile, like usual, enjoy LIFE!!

Shan.

P.S. My move in employment certainly brought fruits soon enough! I will be doing two courses soon with one being Basic Management Training (BMT) and the other being Advanced Food Safety (AFS). Looking forward to being a manager, it's about time! It's true people, don't fear change, embrace it and it will bring benefits! Like the saying, if the old don't go, the new won't come :D

Meanwhile, enjoy this beautiful song called Close To You by The Carpenters:


13 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

Ahhh...that's the best discovery of all...finding someone compatible with you. I find that the best kind of man is the man who brings out the best in me. Not everybody is capable of making me like myself when I am with that person. There are just some people who are endowed with that kind of aura or personality that makes it SOOOOO easy for me to show all the good things inside me without feeling awkward.

When it comes to changing yourself hmmm...I think when you're with someone long enough, esp. after you live together with that person, you'll more or less influence each other. That's what I feel after having lived with my hubby for almost 6 years. Another friend of mine who's gotten married for years also said the same thing to me.

When you find the one you're VERY compatible with, you'll definitely want to give more and more and you'll definitely want to be more and more. Basically, the person just "makes" you a better person because of that. ;-D

I don't think your quote sounded corny, Shan. Maybe 'coz I'm a woman HI HI HI HI...LOL!!!

About your job...HURRAAAAYYYYY!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, Shan!!! You deserve to reap the rewards! ;-D

Zhu said...

It's very true... Some people are chameleon and change depending whom they are talking to - or hanging out with.

Some people influence us in the way we are as well...

Very smart of you to observe it in yourself. Most of time we notice it for other people ;)

Deadpoolite said...

Well all kudos to you! I am sure such an important realisation will yield useful results in the future.(Either that or you are going to get slapped every time you talk to a woman from now on... it is all good...for me, that is...lol)


It is just cool that you found someone the brought out your best self so to speak. I am sure it felt good(not as good as greek food of course but probably the next best thing,lol)

DP out!

Max said...

Hey Shan!

It is true, there are people who are capable of changing other's behaviour! When I fell in love with my fiancé, I saw my whole being change: I am more tolerant now (ignorance would send me up the roof, but nowadays I am more nonchalant about it)! I had a dark humour, but now I even throw a oke or two lol...

Sometimes I also think that "behind a great woman is a great man" (when I feel like obeying to the poles rule); but then I come to my senses and realise that nope, it's really "behind a great man is a great woman" (the pro-femina in me speaks louder, sometimes lol)!

"something about Mary": I hated that movie *shrugging*!

Great post, Shan :)!
Good luck for those two courses :).

Cheers!

Jeff said...

It is an amazing phenomenon, isn't it? Yet, after time, it fades. :(

Choc Mint Girl @ Crystal said...

It’s great that you have discovered something valuable about yourself. I think everybody will agree that regardless of gender, when we are compatible with someone, the chances of the relationship will be a success is high. Still, do not forget to ask yourself; how compatible are you physically, emotionally and intellectually??

Sometimes, when we lack of compatibility in one of these, it doesn’t mean that the relationship won’t work...but it’s a guideline that one need to look deeper into balance out their compatibilities and work harder. Am I making any sense?? Hope so.

Anyway, well done on your job movement...
Keep it up!!

Oooh, Close To you...It’s one of my favorite songs...=))

Paper Fan Club said...

Shan, I believe the medical term for going into mental, emotional, physical and intellectual overdrive like that is "flirting."

The only thing you can do is just go with the flow, my friend. Sounds like you did.

Shan said...

Amel: Mmm, it is an interesting discovery for sure!

And I know exactly what you mean, only the one who can bring out the best in you that is most worthwhile isn't it? It's about a huge matter of having fun, if you're not, then what was the point in the first place?

Without laughter and communication, nothing works...

I'm glad you don't think I'm corny, I kinda feel that way very much ahaha!

Zhu: Yeah, that is true! Chameleons is such a nice way of putting it for me hahaha!

DP: Mate, how true your words are. This discovery and realisation will definitely yield positive results for me in the future.

Max: Hahaha, I'm glad what I found what something that is working for others as well so now I know what I found is a good thing, not something useless!

And you know by dark humor, I have that too... Not many people can appreciate it :P

Jeff: Lol, your cynicism brought me down because it's true...

Choc Mint Girl: I'll keep that in mind for sure :) All those three criterias is definitely important. Thanks alot for your personal advice, it's these that makes my day!

Paper Fan Club:

Hahahahahaha! Oh man, that made me laugh so so hard when I read it because in many ways, I felt it was true.

BUT I didn't quite want to flirt... It just happened at a sub conscious level and I am not sure why?

Encouragement from the girl? Insaneness? lol... But you made my day with that comment hahaha!

But whatever it was, go with the flow I will :D


Like always, my sincerest thanks for taking out your time in reading and commenting, your comments are what provides me with so much brain food and thought for the future!

Best wishes!

Shan

Amel's Realm said...

Hey, Shan, here I am as promised he he he...

Click on the link to see my digicam:

Sony DSC-V1

I bought this digicam in 2004 before I first visited my hubby and I'm SO pleased with it. The only "bad" thing is the location of the flash and that the battery doesn't last too long. But all in all it's been satisfying for me. ;-D

The good side is that you can buy add-ons...like a bigger zoom and also a bigger flash if you want he he he...

Shan said...

Thanks Amel! Hang around, I'll be posting some photos of myself in a bit haha!

Amel's Realm said...

Oh, you ask me how I shoot the pics? Hmmmmhhh...

Well, to take close-ups, there's this feature in my digicam. You have to press that button and then make sure you're about 5 cm away from the main object.

I guess you just have to learn to use any digicam you have. Practise, practise, practise and read the manual.

I haven't really mastered all the features of my digicam, but I'll try to do it bit by bit. I tried to take a pic of the beautiful crescent the other night but I couldn't do it properly, so I have to find out what features to use...hmmmhhh...better browse around the internet he he he...

Usually I just take as many pics as possible to make sure I get a few good ones and then I often zoom in and crop the pics, too, to get rid of "unwanted" sections he he he...

Amel's Realm said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!! Photos of yourself????? AT LAST!!! ;-D

KG-DOCTOR said...

学了好多新单词 但是不知道你讲的是什么。。。唉