Monday, September 10, 2007

Paintball!!

Hola my friends!!

It's been a week people and I am back again!

So what was I up to? I went paint balling! I decided to put thinking onto a backseat and burn some cash...

So yes, burn cash I did, not much but $150 for 3 hours of fun and blowing people's heads with paint!!

On a sunny morning, me and a bunch of friends went to a place south of Perth called Canning Vale. The center was called WASP Paintball. We arrived at 10am in the morning, suited up and was divided into odd and even numbered teams.

We had some practise shots (my gun jammed, shit weapons) before we hit the field. Not much recoil and fairly accurate provided you calibrate by firing few shots in a row...

The first field we hit was an inflatable field. I was on the even numbered. As we rushed to take our defensive positions, I noticed that there was 3 people lined out from the left of a bunker. So I decided to take some pot shots and guess what? 2 was hit, what a bunch of morons hahaha!

The first game we won 2-0, so easy...

The second game was a jungle course where there was a lot of bushes for hiding and sniping from. In this round, I took my position behind a wall and took shots from this position primarily. Unfortunately in a while, I was the only one left and before I realised it, some guy crawled up behind and shot me in the chest... So sad... The score was 1-1

The third game involved a barrels course. This round, I decided to take an offensive rush through the middle. Good for me since I took a high position early and got a clear view before the other team was ready and still moving. A girl very sadly was too slow and I managed to get a shot on her chest (did you know girls gets body armour? Hell we have less flesh and we don't... so unfair lmao! Then again, we don't need our chests for breeding kids... ^__^) before I crawled down. Then I decided to take the right flank and advance with backup. Unfortunately the defense was camping (like always, damned campers) and I got hit 3 times from the left AND the right flank defense and dropped out... The score was 0-2

The fourth game involved defending a fortress. We were invading the first round and our team encircled the entire fortress totally. The defense are not allowed out so we had an huge advantage. After 5 minutes of camping, I crawled and ran up next to the wall and started clearing out the defense. Once you are next to the wall, it's virtually impossible for defense to take you out unless they knew your positions. So the result was obvious, we totally killed! The score was 1-1

We defended in the second half and unfortunately, what I did happened to me and I got headshotted by a blue ball, very very sad...

The fifth game involved a speedrun with obstacles close to each other. The aim is to rush, take out as much of the enemy as you can and then camp and pick off. I went into sniper mode and just crawled into a bush area and just sniped. With a clear view and obstacles left and right, I had much cover and took out 2 players before I got hit in the arm as I moved positions... The score was 0-2

The hard part was that the helmet kept fogging up which was shit since without clear view, you can't shoot shit...

So before I wrap this post up, let me offer some tips before I forget!

1) On the word go, rush and take your positions on either the left or the right flank. Middle is dangerous unless there is a lot of obstacles to keep you safe.

2) The start of the game relies heavily on camping and sniping from your position.

3) Once a few players has been taken out, then advance and leapfrog should you have a partner. Always run zig zag and behind covers. Check your exposed side for any campers when moving or shooting.

4) Once you have found a new position, snipe away. Ensure your head pops out from different places when looking. Ensure you legs and arms are behind cover. Expose your head for no more than 3 seconds. Pop out at one place, survey enemy positions, pop out from a different location of the barrier and shoot. Adopt guerrilla warfare :)

5) Ensure when you are moving, your weapons are held level.

6) The game relies heavily on camping and sniping and only you should go on the offensive at the end with few players. However, changing positions is important but not necessarily forward :) Change on your sides and be careful of snipers and surprise attacks.

7) Wear thick clothing, drink lots of energy drinks, have fun and oh, bring $ haha. It cost me $50 for 300 rounds and on average, I blew 100 round per game which consists of two parts :) It was worth it since I took out at least 10 players. I had a 10-5 kill ratio so it wasn't too bad for a total amateur. Still, we lost 4-6 to the odd team but we can't help it, they had some professionals who had $450 customized weapons that was lighter and more accurate and the guys was way more experienced... Still, it was hell fun and we all enjoyed it!! Can't wait until the next time!!

Paintball: Worth living for, worth dying for, worthwhile getting headshots for, Amen!

BTW here's some pictures:

Find Wally: I am on the row that is standing. Count front the right. See that guy with the mask and dog tag on? No that's not me, see the guy standing to him? Yeah that's me. Or if you are still confused, look at the back row (the standing row) and count from the left. I am the sixth one with that big grin...


Here's a closer up picture of me posing. I tried be angry... I am the guy on the right, not the left...


Me trying to be neutral against these two happy hippies and their "Asian" V signs... I'll be more Asian than most "Asians" who claim to be Asians. Damned hippies. Being Asian involves a mind like no other. Just 'cause you're making a V doesn't make you Asian. Damned hippies... Ok, enough about hippies.. Damned hippies :P


Another one of me on the right. It seems I happen to like the right... You think the girl is pretty? Some of my friends think she is... But I give her 6/10. Am I shallow? Ah well, I am shallow then... I hope she is not reading my blog... If so, this is NOT my blog. It's a blog by some other Asian hippy called Shan... If you are reading by some zillion chance, you are pretty, I am just joking. I'll really give you 50/10. That's ummm 500% :D. Don't be angry, then some girls are prettier when they are angry no? I have no idea what I am talking about, it's the sugar


Me on the left, helmet in hand ready to kick some ass and fire some headshots!


Wanna guess? I'm the one in the middle. To ID, look at my blue collar :)

Sorry I didn't have any photos of me in action. It was rushed during the day and I didn't trust the referees with my camera. Next time, I promise some more photos of me with my gun posing as GI Joe huh :D. Even better, I'll bring me camcorder with someone shooting me in action getting headshots! Bwhahaha! I swear I am damned war-freak. If anything, I was a soldier in my previous life. I have a damned uncanny attraction towards guns and warfare...

Here's some more of me resting at home and eating food... And one of a highway of Perth :P


Yeah, I'm the one sitting on the couch. And yeah, that's one of my best friend, the bumblebee lying on the floor on the left. If you can see the right, there is also a red sofa with about 10 fluffy toys lined up ranging from pandas to tigers to rabbits... Very useful friends to have when you need to kick and release some energy lol... P.S. Yeah, that's a bar... We have another one in the games room lined with alcohol :) Jealous? You should be...


Yeah, that's my goldfish... Two sole survivors from the weekly change of water... veterans indeed, I salute them!



Hmmm... now where was this one... Oh yeah, it was a Chinese restaurant in the entertainment area of Perth, Western Australia. Like Roppongi in Japan I think, just a whole lot safer, boring, and dull. And yeah, the girls aren't fantastically beautiful either... I am shallow aren't I? But shhh, no one else knows this but you and me. To others, I am a thoughtful and considerate young man who values loyalty and faithfulness :) It's more useful to my future endeavors whatever they maybe... JUST KIDDING! Don't listen to me. Fidelity and loyalty are something that I value above everything. It's important everyone knows that. Hey look, there is me being the typical Asian hippy and "our" V sign... I am such a damned hippy...

P.S. That is called Steamboat or Huo Guo in Chinese...

A highway in the the typical Perth afternoon.

Ok, that's it from me people. I hope you had fun reading all my "shit" today.

And yeah, I am not a big ass, overweight geek who has no life and talk about life in front of a computer all day :P.

Until next time, enjoy life everyone!!

P.S.S. I scored this in the test I saw from Amel!

What color is your personality?

Your personality is green!

You are a curious, and inquisitive person. You have keen observational skills, and enjoy thinking about words. You are shy sometimes, and enjoy your solitude to reflect on nature.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz

quiz
Quizzes and Personality Tests


What was yours?!

14 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

Hey, Shan!

I haven't got much time now so I'll read this whole post later.

Just wanna say FINALLY!!! It's nice to see the man behind the blog he he he...

You are CUTE!!!!! And you've got a dimple!!!!!!!!! ;-D

Amel's Realm said...

Read the post now. WOW!!! Plenty of exciting "exercise" for you. I've never tried it before though we have one in Bandung, but my brother has tried it before and he said it was FUN. I guess boys'll definitely like it he he he...

About the girl you mentioned...I think she's pretty cute! ;-D

Why do you call it a hippie, making the V sign????? He he he he...I thought it was supposed to be an international symbol for Victory.

When it comes to looks, when love strikes you, a 6 can turn into a 9 or even a 10 or 11 HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE...That's how powerful love is HE HE HE HE HE...

Amel's Realm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amel's Realm said...

Hey, Shan!!!

I've tagged you with "Nonsense Story Meme"

Check this out:

Nonsense Story Meme

Sorry, had to delete the earlier comment. I wrote it wrongly hi hi...

Michelle said...

Hi Shan

I got to agree with Amel - you are cute! AND a dimple? wow, I love dimples. :-D

Anyway.. it is really nice to see what you look like. Reminds me I must get up some pictures myself some day soon. It does help to know who you are "talking to", especially when they have such a warm smile as you do. Cute is good, but having a great smile is always the best! :-)

And I am so jealous of you going paintballing! :-X I want to do that too. It always looks such fun.

PS.. Amel's right about the number thing too. When you're just looking to meet someone you tend to look only at the physical, but the heart needs more than that - it needs to connect mind, body and emotions/soul. So what a person looks like always only counts for 1/3 of the marks.

ah.. and my colour was YELLOW. :-)

Deadpoolite said...

At last my target has a face...:)

Glad to know you enjoyed yourself so much but I am pissed off I couldnt "massacre" you on paintball myself... Damn it!Some dreams in life are never meant to be fulfilled it seems:)

At some point I'll show the face behind the madness as well. Just need to find the right context topic to do so:)


Great post/great pics what more can a reader want? :)

Shan said...

Amel: Awww, cute huh, never thought of that bwhahaha, I am flattered by your compliment haha!

But I am not cute at all, you should know that from all the stuff I write ahaha!

And 1) Hippy, I have no idea why I bestowed that word hippie on everyone. It was the first thing to pop into my mind... I think I am just tired of the general Asian stereotype when taking pictures... lol...

2) Oh yeah, paintball is fun for guys but for girls, much less... It's is way too physical and women, well, women by nature are nuturers rather than "hunters" lol...

3) Thanks for the tag! I will uhh, get around to it... I never seem to haha, I got to find some spare time and do it.. I suck...

Mich: My, I am absolutely flabbergasted, two cute comments from two wonderful ladies? God, I must really reconsider my own assessment of myself... Hahaha, just kidding, you guys flatter me too much and thanks for the dimple thing lol...

I look forward to seeing some pictures of yourself definitely Mich! Nothing beats putting a face to those wonderful and insightful posts of yours!

As for paintball, do it, I recommend it if you have some cash to burn, it's a worthwhile adventure itself!

DP: Oh no, if I knew you were gonna read it, I would have put up pics of myself with helmets only! Damn :P

But heyy, you wanna massacre me? Come to Perth, I'll show you who's the man you feminine creature hahaha!

And you better put up some pics of yourself when you get a chance, I get wait to hurl some abuse your way hahaha!

Max said...

Hey Shan (green personality lol)!

Great pics: you are quite handsome, if I may say so! A fine Asian specimen, I think that all ladies present will agree with me lol :).

You had to try to philosofize about breasts, hadn't you lol?

It seems to me that you had a greaaattt day at paintball :)!
That girl beside you at the chinese restaurant: she is beautiful (she looks like a doll)!

Cheers!

Zhu said...

You're cute ! Okay, I know I'm married but I can say, right ? Okay, you're pretty good by my standards ;)

I've never played Paintball... I played laser tag tough but was killed almost right away. Oh well...!

Michelle said...

"wonderful and insightful"? Ahh, thanks Shan. :-)

and.. I put up a photo of me on my blog. It'll be dated 11 Sept. :-)

Shan said...

Max: I am honoured by your compliment haha! Everyone is so nice to me, I feel I have to somehow repay everyone back haha! It's a law of nature, the more you give the more you get and that goes for compliments hahahha! I truly appreciate your words!

And as for the color, I never knew green was my personality colorl. Never quite liked green, it was more of a "lucky color" for me. But I am growing awfully fond of lime green and baby blue. Don't ask me why lol

And breasts, did I philosophize about breasts? Hmmm, I did that? lol...

As for the girl, she looks like a doll? Ahhh, you're right in a way, her cheek is always so red.. lol...

Zhu: Hahaha, omg, you made my day with that. It's ok, dish all you can on me, I never fail to take in compliments, one more couldn't hurt lol! J/K.

As for laser, we are planning to do that during the holiday breaks. If I get a chance, I'll post photos of that when I go :D

Mich: You're welcome!

Shan said...

Ohhh yeah, the body armour and breasts, I understand now ahaha!

Totally forgot, my bad. But it's true. I asked the friend, "hey, where's our body armour". He said we had less boobs which made me roll on the floor laughing!

Paper Fan Club said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time -- paintball is a great way to get out some hidden aggression, no? Your pics are terrific too.

Choc Mint Girl @ Crystal said...

Thought I'd leave a comment the moment I saw your pix, but I couldn't stay long in the internet café the other day...Just got back from my holiday tonight...

HEY!! LIANG CAI wohh...;P