The syptoms of GCD includes: depression, continuous sighing, non-stop self reflection, envy of engineers, economists, doctors and those job guaranteed smart bastards, rationalisation to convince yourself of how it's too late and how you have other benefits, attempts to relieve pressure(s) exerted on you directly or indirectly, consciously or sub-consciously, existant or non existant. These symptoms are capped off by a numbing sensation in the brain along with a heavy heart. Furthermore, these symptoms are amplified if you hate your current dead end job and if you have many friends who to you is in a similar position but acts like they have not a care in the world.
So, perhaps this is just me or perhaps this applies to alot of people who don't know why they are so sad after graduating. I think this is just me because I am a lame, no life loser, who has a huge and easily bruisable ego and whom personality is so lame and crap... Anyway, I did discover a few solutions that can reduce this disorder.
1) Establish and eliminate sources of GCD. For example, I hate my dead end job so I will try to find a new one.
2) Get in touch with friends who did a similar course and identify possible employment opportunities.
3) Get drunk. Actually no. While it may mitigate your reasoning skills, it does not remove the problem.
4) Find a girl/guy and start become an abusive partner and push them to work harder to support you because you're an official GCD sufferer and has the right to lean on the strong.
5) Create a blog and do what I do, blog randomlessly about random ideas that comes up in your head and hope others will find it ramdomly interesting.
But seriously, I think the best way to get out of this phase is to find a worthwhile employment. According to David McClelland, we have a need for afilliation, achievement and power so find your source of motivation and never give up. It's too late to change your degree so think of the reasons why you did it and work hard in making the best out of it. It will pay off (I'm hoping...) and you will move into a new phase that I have yet to experience and therefore unable to comment.
Anyway, enough blubbering. Still looking forward to my magical event!! And oh yeah, I wanna find a proper web host, any recommendations?