Sunday, December 7, 2008

Pragmatism at Its Peak

"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

We'll never learn from history will we?

But we must.

5 comments:

Amel's Realm said...

To be totally vulnerable and be loved is like drinking the Elixir of Life. :-)))

Max said...

Hi Shan,

I say: give in to love! I used to keep my heart in a casket; it was safe and motionless...however it was dead! Once I allowed it to surrender to love it began to beat and live for something greater than itself...

Besides when we keep our heart locked up we become vulnerable to darkness, depression, loneliness, egotism...still vulnerable!

Great quote, Shan! :D

Cheers

Zhu said...

Of course we never learn, makind has a short memory. That´s what makes us human I guess...

RSI Hell said...

Thanks for the comment on my Blog. To answer your question, Switch arms and use a vertical mouse, though only as part of an overall recovery strategy. I use very light weights go through a session every day for arm weakness. Maintain correct posture whilst doing any work out. Perhaps I ought to write a book on RSI as recovery is so complicated.

Shan said...

mmmm.. mm...